Handpicked for your tastes this week: Shunya, Ruth Koleva, Calvillo Sisters, ZiG and Caswell!
Scroll down to read more about each track or listen to the tape in one go and come back for more!
It’s a give5aspin playlist
A fresh E14 episode.
Spring is just around our corner here in Greece. The days are getting a bit longer filling up with light and smiles. These fine tunes and grooves below offer some happiness and strength to our music soul, I wish you all to enjoy them and share with mates. Tell us what you think! Stay tuned and #giveitaspin.
- 1. Shunya – Wonder N Wane (feat. Pip Williams)
- There is some kind of electricity stretching throughout the track, sparks of freedom and fresh air! Alan Keary is a very artistic multi-instrumentalist and producer with the music bug running through his veins since the age of fourteen. You can pick up the Manchester vibes under the alias of Shunya. Pip’s vocals bring in an effortless mastery warmth. If you love Flying Lotus, Bjork, Eric Whitacre, Submotion Orchestra or Bonobo then dive in. Catch a live if you’re around, it will vary from 2 to twelve people on stage, bound to be an experience worth living. Follow Shunya on Facebook, Twitter and support on Bandcamp!
- 2. Ruth Koléva – Basil
- Bulgarian singer songwriter Ruth Koleva has just returned with a flavorsome new single “Basil“. Produced by compatriot Gueorgui Linev of LA’s band Kan Wakan, get ready it’s your next favorite head nodding groove. The track has a clear melodic framework and features an impressive group of musicians at the vanguard of contemporary Soul and RnB including keys maestro Ron Avant (Anderson Paak) drummer Gene Coye (Flying Lotus) and bassist Cooper Appelt. Her second album is ready to Spring any time soon. Refresh your ear buds. The music plate is alive and tastes great ready to sway any heart away. Follow Ruth on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram!
- 3. Calvillo Sisters – Come Through
- “Real sisters. Real music. Real voices. Real life. Singing to make the world a better place.” Come Through is the first single from album, Ziklag, by the Calvillo Sisters. Born and raised in Los Angeles, they have developed a unique sound fusing notes of Pop, R&B, Soul, Gospel, Blues, and Country together to create what they call “Gumbo“.You can follow Dominique, Angelique and Emma for updates on Twitter and Instagram.
- 4. ZiG – Long Nights
- Getting ZiGgy with it! ZiG we Dig and it’s a live electronic funk jazz band based out of NYC putting tracks out there every single week all year! Currently, the crew’s debut album is under wraps, being carefully culled together from an oeuvre of 150 songs! The collective has many things in store coming up, including single releases, the album release, live shows, and a visionary charity project. We can’t wait to spin it all! Follow them on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram for updates!
- 5. Caswell – Animal
- Pure and soulful, Animal is Caswell’s latest single delivering a strong message. At just 22 she has already developed her very own clean-cut sound with hard earned climaxes and intimate dreamily structures. With a literal and convincing voice and emotional maturity beyond her years, Caswell is an artist on our radar for 2017. If you need some colorful richness in your music world this is it! Follow her on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram.